Electro-etching with Andrew Baldwin and Don Braisby
An integrated safer & less toxic approach to etching
31 May & 1 June 2018
This workshop will demonstrate the mark making potential of combining the use of electro-etching and the safer etching processes and techniques developed and taught by Andrew Baldwin. Electro-etching provides a safe, cost effective and creative replacement for acid etching and its alternatives. The combination of the safer etching techniques and electro-etching makes it possible to etch in an open studio and to teach etching in the classroom.
This is a practical hands-on workshop
- Provide a simple introduction to the theory and practice of electro-etching and safer etching.
- Introduce the equipment needed for electro-etching and plating, how to set it up and use it safely.
- Creative plate making using safer methods and processes to; lay grounds, aquatint plates, spit bite and sugar lift.
- Proofing and printing plates in two colours.
- Introduced participants to electroforming and electrotyping as a potential process in printmaking, jewellery and sculpture.
- Participants will have gained a working knowledge of electro-etching and the use of safer etching processes and techniques to use in their print making practice.
- Provide feedback for post-doctoral research.
Non-members £140.00/Members £90.00
Booking essential (via email or telephone)